- How can I find blood donors in this website?
We have an option called "Find a donor" on every page. Click on the link.
- Select your city from the list.
- Select the corresponding area in the city.
- Select the blood type you are searching for.
- Click the search button.
You will now see a list of donors in the locality of your choice.
- How can I register as a blood donor?
Simply click on "Sign up now" on the top of the page. Fill up the form that opens and that's it. You will be able to set privacy options there as well.
- How will a recipient find me?
A blood seeker searches by type of blood and locality. If your blood type matches the requirement, your name along with contact details will be displayed in the search results. If you have chosen to display your contact numbers, the blood seeker will be able to view it and contact your directly. If you have chosen to hide your contact numbers, the blood seeker will click the "Contact Donor" button against your record. We will then send you an email giving you three options:
- we will list the blood seeker's phone number allowing you to contact him/her directly.
- we will allow you to accept his request by clicking a link. This will send your contact details to the blood seeker.
- in case you donated in the last 90 days, you will have the option to update your last bleed date in your profile.
- What is Refer a friend?
This is a noble cause where people who care are participating. If you would like your friends to join this effort, click on "Refer a Friend" and we will send them an email telling them about what pakblood is all about.
- How do I know if I am eligible to donate blood?
Basic eligibility criteria involves factors like:
- Recommended age (18-55),
- Hemoglobin is not less than 12.5 grams
- Free from diseases transferrable by blood
- Not currently under treatment for Malaria/ Tuberculosis/ Diabetes/ Fits or Convulsions
- Have not previously suffered from:
- Hepatitis B, C
- Kidney disease
- Heart disease
- What if I get an ailment that affects me from donating blood after I have registered?
Important: In such a case, simply login to the system and click on the "My Account" link on the top of the page. Then, scroll down to Blood Details section and check the option that "I am currently not fit for donating blood…". Hit Submit. This will remove your from all search listings until you revert the option.
- After donation of blood, how do I let recipients know that I can't donate for the next three months?
It's very important to keep your "Last Bleed Date" updated. Login and click on the "My Account" link on the top. Update your last bleed date and hit Submit. Once you do this, your name will not appear in the search results for a period of 3 months, as the average body takes about that time to fully replenish the blood and it's components.